Swidget Devices can be added to your Control4 system. This article outlines the setup and provisioning steps that are required to make that happen. Note that currently Swidget Wi-Fi Devices can only be connected to either Control4 OR the Swidget App, not both simultaneously.
Place a Wi-Fi Insert into the HOST wiring device. The Insert will take approximately one minute to
initiate. If the Wi-Fi Insert was previously connected to the Swidget App, you will need to complete a factory reset before continuing.
When the Insert is blinking green, it is in Discovery Mode and ready to be paired.
For security purposes, your Swidget Insert remains in discovery mode for 5 minutes. If not broadcasting, remove and reinsert into Swidget Device.
Swidget Inserts must be running firmware V1.4 or later in order to support local control. Firmware can be found at http://control4.swidget.com.
To check and/or update the firmware:
- Connect a Wi-Fi enabled device to the Swidget SSID broadcast by the Swidget Insert. It will look similar to Swidget-d8a01d5678ac.
- Open a web browser and navigate to http://10.123.45.1:90 and check the Version.
- To update the firmware, click the Choose File button, select the firmware file and select Update.
- Reconnect to the Swidget SSID and navigate to https://10.123.45.1/provision once the firmware update has been completed.
- Enter the SSID and password of the network being used by Control4.
- Optional - Enter a user-defined security key in the Set Key field. Record this key as it will be required later in the provisioning process.
- Select Disable Authentication Method
- Optional - Add a static IP address