For Swidget's Wi-Fi Inserts to work, they need to be paired with your Wi-Fi network. This can be done by connecting your Insert to the Swidget App using a Bluetooth connection on your phone or other mobile device.
From the Swidget App:
- Tap Add Device or the + sign in the top right corner from the Home screen.
- Tap Search using Bluetooth.
- The app will scan for Swidget Devices.
- When an Insert is found, tap the icon to begin the pairing process. If your Insert does not show up at this step and you have Bluetooth enabled, please first try rebooting your mobile device.
- Select your Network Name from the dropdown list and enter your password. Please note that Swidget Wi-Fi Inserts will not work with 5 GHz networks. Tap Send Credentials.
- On the Device Setup screen you can choose a Room from the dropdown list or enter your own and enter a name or names for your Swidget Device. Once completed, tap Continue.
Your Swidget Insert should now be paired, and should be controllable in the Swidget App.
If the Insert pairing instructions did not work as expected, please try rebooting your phone or mobile device before attempting again. A reboot can help resolve many issues with mobile devices.