For the Wi-Fi Inserts to work, they need to be paired with your Wi-Fi network. There are two methods available to do this. One is through a Bluetooth connection to your phone, and the other is using the hotspot method which is described in this article.
If the Bluetooth method is not working or you would prefer a different method, you can use the hotspot method to pair an Insert.
Before you begin, make sure you have created a Swidget App user account and the LED is flashing green on the Insert.
- Tap Add Device or the + sign in the top right corner from the Home screen.
- Select Search using Bluetooth.
- The App will scan for Swidget Devices. Tap Use Hotspot Method Instead from the bottom of the screen.
- Open your phone's Wi-Fi settings, and connect to the Swidget SSID. Ex. Swidget-500128a2876c
- Once connected, return to the Swidget App and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Select your Network Name from the dropdown list and enter your password. Please note that Swidget Wi-Fi Inserts will not work with 5 GHz networks. Tap Send Credentials.
- On the Device Setup screen you can choose a Room from the dropdown list or enter your own and enter a name or names for your Swidget Device. Once completed, tap Continue and reconnect your phone to your Internet-connected Wi-Fi. Your Swidget Insert should now be paired.
If the Insert pairing instructions did not work as expected, please try rebooting your phone or mobile device before attempting again. A reboot can help resolve many issues with mobile devices.