Automation Recipe: Turn lights off when unoccupied
Description: This recipe turns off your lights automatically when room becomes unoccupied for 5 minutes.
Disclaimer: Please note that due to varying electrical code regulations, Swidget cannot give device wiring/installation advice. Please refer to the instructions that came with your product or consult a certified electrician if you need help.
|Device||15A Outlet||20A Outlet||Switch||Dimmer||Auxiliary Control Switch||20-40-60 Switch|
|Insert||Control||USB||Guide Light||Power Out Light||Motion||Temp-Humi||Temp-Humi-Motion||Air Quality|
Skill Level: Easy
Time Required: 5 minutes
First make sure that you have downloaded the Swidget App from the iOS App Store or Google Play Store, and that you have installed one of the Swidget Switches and paired one of the applicable Inserts from the table above.
From the main menu, select the Automations Icon
Click Create Automation or the + sign.
1. On the Automations page, click Automation and give your Automation a name.
2. Click the + sign beside Select Trigger and choose the Motion ( ) icon.
3. On the Select Trigger page, choose Unoccupied and enter 5 min for the duration. Click Continue.
4. Click the + sign beside Add Action and choose the Switch you want to control.
5. On the Select Action page, choose Turn OFF. Click Continue.
6. Click Save Automation to have the Automation work all the time, or Add Start/End Times and/or specific days that you want it to operate.