These following instructions describe the process of using your smart phone's hotspot as an access point for your Swidget Insert to connect to.
Before you begin, make sure you have created a Swidget App user account and the LED is flashing green on the Insert.
- Make sure your phone's hotspot is turned ON.
For iPhone users: Go to Settings - Personal Hotspot and make sure Allow Others to Join is enabled. Note the password. To find the name of your hotspot or SSID, go to Settings - General - About and note the Name (this is often your own name).
*For iPhone 12 and above, make sure to enable Maximize Compatibility to ensure your phone is broadcasting using 2.4 GHz.
For Android: Go to Settings - Mobile Hotspot & Tethering. Tap on Mobile Hotspot to turn it on, set the name of your network and set a password. Your Android device may differ. Please refer to instructions for your specific device.
- In the Swidget App, tap Add Device or the + sign in the top right corner on the Home screen.
- Tap Search using Bluetooth. The app will scan for Swidget Inserts. If you don't see anything on the Add New Device screen make sure that Bluetooth is enabled on your device and that the Insert is in Discovery mode.
- Select your phone's hotspot Network Name from the dropdown list and enter your password. If you do not see your phone's hotspot network, manually enter the name and password from Step 1. Tap Send Credentials.
- Choose a Room from the dropdown list or enter your own and enter a name or names for your Swidget Device from the Device Setup screen. Once completed, tap Continue.
- Your Swidget Insert should now be paired.