Schedule Recipe: Reduce Vampire Power
Description: This recipe allows you to schedule an Outlet to reduce vampire power by turning OFF and back ON during times when the attached appliances are not being used. This particular schedule turns off the Controlled Outlet and the appliances plugged into it at 9:00 am and turns it back ON at 5:00 pm. The schedule is only enabled during the work week from Monday to Friday. You can adjust the times and specific days to whatever you want.
Disclaimer: Please note that due to varying electrical code regulations, Swidget cannot give device wiring/installation advice. Please refer to the instructions that came with your product or consult a certified electrician if you need help.
|Device||15 A Outlet||20 A Outlet||Switch||Dimmer||Auxiliary Control Switch||20-40-60 Switch|
|Insert||Control||USB||Guide Light||Power Out Light||Motion||Temp-Humi||Temp-Humi-Motion||Air Quality|
Skill Level: Easy
Time Required: 5 minutes
You will also need to ensure that you have installed one of the Swidget Switches and paired one of the applicable Inserts from the table above.
- Tap the Automations icon from the main menu
- Tap Create Automation or the + sign.
- Tap Schedule on the Automations screen and give your Schedule a name
- Tap Select Start Action, choose the Controlled Outlet ( ) you want to control, and select Turn OFF for the Action.
- Tap Time and enter 9:00 am. Tap Continue.
- Tap Add End Action, choose Turn ON, and enter 5:00 pm for the Time.
- Tap Save Schedule to have the Schedule work all the time, or add Start/End Times and/or specific days that you want it to operate. This schedule works best during your work week. Adjust the times to your schedule.