As of version 1.21 of the Swidget App, you can enable two factor authentication to make accessing the Swidget app much more secure.
What is two factor authentication?
Two factor authentication (also referred to as "2FA"), requires two methods of verification. The first is your username and password, and the second is an authentication code generated by one of several authenticator apps. The verification code ensures that the user is actively involved in the authentication process by making them aware of any login attempt, and requiring them to respond to the attempt. Having to enter a code ensures that even if your password is compromised, your account information will remain secure.
How does 2FA work with the Swidget App?
Swidget does not require 2FA to be enabled, so if you want the functionality, you will need to enable it by completing the following steps.
- Select the Settings gear in the bottom right, then Account Details, then Two Factor Authentication (2FA).
- Tap Set up with Authenticator.
- Download or open your authenticator app (2FA Authenticator, Authy, Duo Mobile, Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, etc.)
- Add your Swidget account to the authenticator app. If given the option, select Time Based.
- Copy the key from the the Swidget App and paste it into the authenticator app.
- Tap Continue.
- Enter the authentication code from the authenticator app into the Swidget App and tap Continue.
- You should receive a message indicating that 2FA was set up successfully.
- You can enable Remember Device if you would like to not be asked for an authentication code on that device. Any other device where an attempt is made will require the authentication code.