Before you start, make sure you have downloaded the Swidget App and created a Swidget User Account.
The Swidget Switch can be configured to work in single pole or multi-way configurations. This can be done at pairing or, if already connected, configured in the switch settings.
Configuring switch behaviour when pairing
- Make sure that the Insert is flashing green. If it is not, please make sure the Insert is in Discover Mode.
- Tap Add Device or the + sign in the top right corner from the Home screen.
- The app will scan for Swidget Devices.
- When the Switch is found, tap the icon to begin the pairing process. If your Insert does not show up at this step and you have Bluetooth enabled, please first try rebooting your mobile device.
- Select your Network Name from the dropdown list and enter your password. Please note that Swidget Wi-Fi Inserts will not work with 5 GHz networks. Tap Send Credentials.
- On the Device Setup screen you can choose a Room from the dropdown list or enter your own and enter a name or names for your Swidget Device.
- If this switch is one of two or more switches that are controlling your light, select Multi-Way Mode. If there is only one switch controlling the load, leave it disabled.
Your Swidget Insert should now be paired.
Adjusting switch behaviour in settings
If you would like to adjust the switch settings or if the on/off behaviour is not as expected, head to the Switch Details screen, and select Switch Configuration from the configuration panel.
Enable or disable Multi-way mode or reverse the on/off states if your switch behaviour is backwards.
If the Insert pairing instructions did not work as expected, please try rebooting your phone or mobile device before attempting again. A reboot can help resolve many issues with mobile devices.