Instructions for installing the Swidget 15 Amp Outlet are listed below. If you are not sure about any part of these instructions, consult an electrician.
Note: All Swidget Devices require a neutral wire.
- Turn off power at circuit breaker or fuse
- Remove faceplate and old receptacle from wall box (leave wires attached).
Note: It helps to take a picture of the wiring setup for future reference.
- Remove the hot, neutral, and ground wires from your old outlet.
- Install the Swidget Outlet according to the diagram below. Use the wire nuts provided. The wire nuts can accept three 14 AWG wires.
- Install the new receptacle into the wall box and install your faceplate (sold separately).
- Turn the power back ON at the circuit breaker.
For instructions on setting up an Insert, follow the links below: