To use your Swidget Device with a Wi-Fi Insert, you will first need to pair the Insert with the Swidget App. This article outlines the steps required to get your Insert paired.
Before you start, make sure you have downloaded the Swidget App and created a Swidget User Account.
- Plug your Swidget Insert into your Swidget Outlet, Switch, or Dimmer.
- Once the LED on your Swidget Insert begins to blink green, it is in discovery mode and will remain that way for 5 minutes. If light does not blink green, you may have to factory reset your Insert.
- Login to the Swidget App and tap Add Device or the + sign in the top right of the Home screen.
- Select the Insert that you want to pair. If you don't see anything on the Add New Device screen make sure that Bluetooth is enabled on your device and that the Insert is in Discovery mode.
- Select your Network Name from the dropdown list and enter your password. Please note that Swidget Wi-Fi Inserts will not work with 5 GHz networks. Tap Send Credentials.
- On the Device Setup screen you can choose a Room from the dropdown list or enter your own and enter a name or names for your Swidget Device. Once completed, tap Continue.
- Your Swidget Insert should now be paired.