To be able to pair Swidget Inserts with the Swidget App, your phone's Bluetooth functionality will need to be enabled. Swidget Inserts use Bluetooth for sending Wi-Fi credentials and other information to the Insert so that it can connect to your Wi-Fi network.
Enable Bluetooth for an iOS device
For OS level permissions:
- Tap on Settings on your iPhone or iPad
- Select General
- Tap on Bluetooth
- Toggle Bluetooth to On
For app level permissions (iOS 13 or higher):
- Tap on the Settings app for your iPhone or iPad
- Tap Privacy
- Then tap Bluetooth
- Scroll until you see Tile, and then toggle on to connect to Bluetooth.
Enable Bluetooth for an Android device
Note: Each Android device may vary by brand (Samsung, LG, Google, Motorola, etc.) so if you're unable to find your Bluetooth settings, please see your phone's manual or support site.
Android Bluetooth settings:
- Tap on Settings on your Android device.
- Look for Bluetooth or the Bluetooth symbol in your settings and tap it.
- There should be an option to enable. Please tap or swipe on it so that is in the on position.
- Close out of Settings.