Instructions for installing the Swidget Dimmer Switch are listed below. If you are not sure about any part of these instructions, consult an electrician.
Note: All Swidget Devices require a neutral wire. If you don't have a neutral wire, please see the I don't have a neutral wire article.
- Turn OFF power at circuit breaker or fuse
- Remove faceplate and old switch from wall box (leave wires attached). Note: It helps to take a picture of the wiring setup for future reference.
- Remove the load, line, and ground wires from your old switch. Note: To determine which wires are the load and line, cap each of the wires, turn the power back ON at the breaker, and check which of the wires is energized using a voltage detector. Turn the power OFF at the circuit breaker before moving on.
- Install the Swidget Switch according to the diagram below. Use the wire nuts provided. The wire nuts can accept three 14 AWG wires.
- Install the new switch into the wall box and install your faceplate (sold separately).
- Turn the power back ON at the circuit breaker.
For instructions on setting up an Insert, follow the links below: