This article outlines the steps involved in connecting a Swidget Z-Wave Insert to the Home Assistant platform. To complete the steps in this article, we assume that you have already installed a Home Assistant-supported Z-Wave controller (https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/z-wave/controllers/), and have installed and configured the Z-Wave JS Add-on (https://my.home-assistant.io/redirect/config_flow_start?domain=zwave_js). Installation and configuration of either or both of the Z-Wave controller and/or the Z-Wave JS add-on are beyond the scope of this article.
Compatible Devices: Swidget Z-Wave products
This article applies to only Swidget Z-Wave Inserts and will not work for other Swidget products.
- Click Settings from the Home Assistant main menu and then click Devices & Services
- Click on Configure on the Z-Wave JS card
- Plug the Swidget Z-Wave Insert into your Swidget Wiring Device.
- Put the Z-Wave controller in Inclusion mode by clicking on the Add Device button.
- Press and hold the button on the Insert for about 5 seconds until the LED begins flashing blue. The Insert should be detected by Home Assistant.
- Enter the 5-digit code on the Insert
- You can also scan the QR code on the Insert before inserting it into the Host Device if Home Assistant is configured to use HTTPS. If you don't have HTTPS configured, you can scan the QR code on another device and paste the link into Home Assistant.
- You should now be able to see your newly added Device in Home Assistant. The device will likely be imported as "Node #" where # is the identity of the Z-Wave node. The name of the Device and area can be edited using the pencil button on the device page.