This article outlines the steps required to pair a Swidget Z-Wave Insert with SmartThings or Aeotec Hubs. This article assumes that you already have a functioning SmartThings Hub and are familiar with it's use. See the Aeotec Support page for more information. https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000240427-installing-removing-devices-smart-home-hub.
Compatible Devices: Swidget Z-Wave products
This article applies to only Swidget Z-Wave Inserts and will not work for other Swidget products.
- Ensure that the Swidget Z-Wave Insert is installed in the host wiring device.
- Open the SmartThings app
- Select the plus sign (+) in the top right corner.
- Select Add Device.
- Search for "Generic"
- Select Generic Z-Wave Device
- Tap Start
- Set the hub
- Set the room
- Tap Next
- Press and hold the button on the Swidget Insert for about 5 seconds until the LED begins flashing blue.
- Scan the QR code on the Insert or choose to enter the DSK code (pin code located under the QR code).
- Your Swidget Device should now be controllable from SmartThings.