This article outlines the steps required to pair a Swidget Z-Wave Insert with Hubitat brand Smart Home Hubs. This article assumes that you already have a functioning Hubitat Hub. See the Hubitat Add Device page for more information. https://docs2.hubitat.com/user-interface/devices/add-device.
Compatible Devices: Swidget Z-Wave products
This article applies to only Swidget Z-Wave Inserts and will not work for other Swidget products.
- Ensure that the Swidget Z-Wave Insert is installed in the host wiring device.
- In the Hubitat webpage, select the Devices menu item from the sidebar, then select Add Device in the upper right.
- Click the Z-Wave button below Add device manually.
- Press and hold the button on the Swidget Insert for about 5 seconds until the LED begins flashing blue. The Insert should be detected by Hubitat and inclusion will begin.
- Since Swidget Z-Wave Inserts us S2 security, you can choose to either Include without security or Include with security. If you choose to continue with security, you will be prompted to either enter part of the device-specific key (DSK). This code can be obtained by scanning the QR code on the Insert.
- Your Z-Wave Insert should now be available to control in Hubitat.