Notification Recipe: Sump Pump Notification
Description: This recipe will notify you when your sump pump has been continuously running, signifying that something may be wrong so you can take action to prevent leaks and damage.
Disclaimer: Please note that due to varying electrical code regulations, Swidget cannot give device wiring/installation advice. Please refer to the instructions that came with your product or consult a certified electrician if you need help.
|15 A Outlet
|20 A Outlet
|Auxiliary Control Switch
|Power Out Light
Skill Level: Easy
Time Required: 5 minutes
You must also have installed one of the Swidget Wiring Devices and paired a Swidget Insert from the chart above.
- Tap the Automations Icon from the main menu.
- Tap Create Automation or the + sign.
- Tap Rule on the Automations screen and give your Rule a name.
- Tap Select Trigger and choose the Always-On Outlet ( ) icon into which your sump pump is installed.
- Choose Power Draw from the Select Trigger screen and choose If power usage... Exceeds. Look up the maximum power draw in your sump pump's manual. Subtract 20 from this number and enter it in the Power Level field. In this case, the number is 350 Watts.
- Enter 15 minutes in the For a duration of field. Tap Continue.
- Enable Send Notification
- Tap Save Rule to have the Automation work all the time, or Add Start/End Times and/or specific days that you want to receive the notification