Notification Recipe: Connection Error Notification
Description: This recipe notifies you when there is a connection error that may indicate that your internet is down or that there is a power outage, enabling you to take action.
Disclaimer: Please note that due to varying electrical code regulations, Swidget cannot give device wiring/installation advice. Please refer to the instructions that came with your product or consult a certified electrician if you need help.
Skill Level: Easy
Time Required: 5 minutes
Please make sure that you have downloaded the latest Swidget App from the iOS App Store or Google Play Store and that your Insert firmware is up to date before starting.
- Ensure you have installed one of the Swidget Outlets and paired a Swidget Power Out Insert.
- From the main menu, tap the Automations Icon.
- Tap Create Automation or the + sign.
- On the Automations screen, tap Rule and give your Rule a name.
- Tap the + sign beside Select Trigger and choose the Power-out Light ( ) icon.
- On the Connection Status page, choose Disconnected and enter the amount of time after which a connection error has occurred that you want to be notified. Tap Continue.
- Enable Send Notification.
- Tap Save Rule to have the Automation work all the time, or Add Start/End Times and/or specific days that you want to receive the notification.