Notification Recipe: Connection Error Notification
Description: This recipe notifies you when there is a connection error that may indicate that your internet is down or that there is a power outage, enabling you to take action.
Disclaimer: Please note that due to varying electrical code regulations, Swidget cannot give device wiring/installation advice. Please refer to the instructions that came with your product or consult a certified electrician if you need help.
Skill Level: Easy
Time Required: 5 minutes
- Ensure you have installed one of the Swidget Outlets and paired a Swidget Power Out Insert.
- From the main menu, tap the Automations Icon.
- Tap Create Automation or the + sign.
- On the Automations screen, tap Rule and give your Rule a name.
- Tap the + sign beside Select Trigger and choose the Power-out Light ( ) icon.
- On the Connection Status page, choose Disconnected and enter the amount of time after which a connection error has occurred that you want to be notified. Tap Continue.
- Enable Send Notification.
- Tap Save Rule to have the Automation work all the time, or Add Start/End Times and/or specific days that you want to receive the notification.