Automation Recipe: Turning lights off when unoccupied
Description: This recipe turns off your lights automatically when room becomes unoccupied for 5 minutes.
Disclaimer: Please note that due to varying electrical code regulations, Swidget cannot give device wiring/installation advice. Please refer to the instructions that came with your product or consult a certified electrician if you need help.
Skill Level: Easy
Time Required: 5 minutes
Please make sure that you have downloaded the latest Swidget App from the iOS App Store or Google Play Store and that your Insert firmware is up to date before starting.
You must also have installed one of the Swidget Switches and paired one of the applicable Inserts from the table above.
- From the main menu, select the Automations icon.
- Click Create Automation or the + sign.
- Tap Rule on the Automations screen and give your Rule a name.
- Tap Select Trigger and choose the Motion ( ) icon.
- Tap Unoccupied on the Select Trigger screen and enter 5 mins for the duration. Tap Continue.
- Tap Add Action and choose the Switch you want to control.
- Tap Turn OFF on the Select Action screen. Tap Continue.
- Tap Save Rule to have the Automation work all the time, or Add Start/End Times and/or specific days that you want it to operate.