Automation Recipe: Turning lights off when unoccupied
Description: This recipe turns off your lights automatically when room becomes unoccupied for 5 minutes.
Disclaimer: Please note that due to varying electrical code regulations, Swidget cannot give device wiring/installation advice. Please refer to the instructions that came with your product or consult a certified electrician if you need help.
|Device||15 A Outlet||20 A Outlet||Switch||Dimmer||Auxiliary Control Switch||20-40-60 Switch|
|Insert||Control||USB||Guide Light||Power Out Light||Motion||Temp-Humi||Temp-Humi-Motion||Air Quality|
Skill Level: Easy
Time Required: 5 minutes
You must also have installed one of the Swidget Switches and paired one of the applicable Inserts from the table above.
- From the main menu, select the Automations icon.
- Click Create Automation or the + sign.
- Tap Rule on the Automations screen and give your Rule a name.
- Tap Select Trigger and choose the Motion ( ) icon.
- Tap Unoccupied on the Select Trigger screen and enter 5 mins for the duration. Tap Continue.
- Tap Add Action and choose the Switch you want to control.
- Tap Turn OFF on the Select Action screen. Tap Continue.
- Tap Save Rule to have the Automation work all the time, or Add Start/End Times and/or specific days that you want it to operate.