Error Code: 1
- Incompatible network
- Network out of range
- Incorrect SSID (Hidden Network)
- Wi-Fi Assist/Adaptive Wi-Fi is on
- Make sure that your network supports 2.4Ghz connections - More Info
- Make sure your device is within range of your Wi-Fi router - More Info
- Ensure your 2.4GHz hidden SSID credentials are correct - More Info
- Turn off Wi-Fi Assist / Adaptive Wi-Fi - More Info
- Swidget makes use of the higher range and penetration of 2.4Ghz networks; our inserts are not designed to connect to 5Ghz. Try using the drop-down menu in the SSID field to find your 2.4Ghz compatible network and select it from the list. Make sure to carefully enter the correct password, which will be case sensitive. For troubleshooting network connection types, please refer to your router’s manual. For more secure networks that limit the addition of new devices, speak to your network administrator.
- If possible, try improving the signal strength by removing any obvious obstacles to the wi-fi signal. Once it has successfully paired, the insert will be more tolerant to weaker Wi-Fi signals. If you have an equivalent Swidget device that is located closer to the router, you may choose to pair the device at that location, and then move it to the desired device location after registration is complete.
- If a wireless network is set to conceal its network name (SSID), it does not appear in the list of available wireless networks. However, if you know the wireless network details, you can manually connect to the network. Please ensure that you have entered the proper SSID name and password.
- When a Wi-Fi connection on a mobile device is poor, or unable to connect to the internet, some devices will automatically switch to cellular data to compensate. This feature may interfere with the pairing process and may need to be turned off for during insert pairing using the access point (AP) pairing method.
- iOS: Go to Settings > Cellular > Scroll to bottom & Turn of Wi-Fi Assist
- Android: Got to Settings > Connection > Select Wi-Fi > Select Advanced > Make sure Smart Network Switch / Adaptive Wi-Fi is set to OFF