Requires App Version 1.13 or later
Whether you are replacing a broken router or changing the name of your Wi-Fi network, you can easily update your Swidget devices with the new Change Router/Network function.
- Select Settings from the bottom menu.
- Select Networks and then Change Router/Network. The app will start scanning for Swidget Devices.
- On the device that you are updating, press and hold the Insert button for approximately 6 seconds and release when the LED turns orange.
- Your Insert should appear. Tap to proceed.
- Choose your new 2.4GHz network from the dropdown list and enter the password.
- The app will connect and change the network information. Success!
App Version 1.12.9 or earlier
Change Network Name and Password
With older version of the App, in order to change the network to which your Swidget devices are connected, you must re-pair the Insert after performing a factory reset.
Factory reset your Insert by holding the Insert button for 13-15 seconds. Please let go of the Insert button when the LED turns red.
Once the Insert LED is flashing green, follow the in-App steps to set up a device. When you are asked for the Wi-Fi network information, enter your new SSID and password.
If your old router fails or you are replacing with a new one, we suggest that you use the same SSID (network name) and password. This will allow your Swidget devices to reconnect once the new router is set up. Make sure that your new router has a 2.4 GHz network, and that the network name and password are identical to your old ones.